An Open Letter to Senator Casey

Below is a letter I wrote to one of my Senators, Robert P. Casey Jr., (D)I received a pre-recorded message from the Senators office on Monday 17 Aug.
The message was an invitation to participate in a tele-conference concerning health care reform.

I think the letter is self-explanatory.

Keith



18 August 2009

The Honorable Senator P. Robert Casey Jr.

393 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510

Dear Senator Casey:

I am writing this letter to thank you for an invitation to participate in a teleconference on health care reform that was to be held on Tuesday 18 August 2009 between the hours of 6:00 PM and 7:00 PM EDT.

On 17 August 2009 at 2:56 PM I received a call with a pre-recorded message from you inviting me to participate. The instructions contained in the message were that I would receive a call at 6:00 PM EDT on Tuesday 18 August, and I was to remain on the line to be able to participate.

On Tuesday 18 August 2009 I deliberately and purposely set aside the designated time, so that I would be able to participate in this teleconference. I prepared dinner earlier than usual for my wife and I. After dinner, I gathered material and information that I had representing my viewpoints, and a notepad and pencil so that I could note important points.

At 6:06 PM on Tuesday 18 August 2009 my telephone rang and the same caller ID came up on the display as appeared when the invitation to participate came in. I answer the phone on the second ring, so as to be able to identify the caller. I answered the call as I usually answer every call, with a simple “Hello”.

Much to my dismay, I received another pre-recorded message from you that stated that. And I will paraphrase; I appeared to be Unavailable to participate, with instructions to check your website.

My question to you is: IF I answered the telephone when it rang at the designated time, how was I unavailable to participate?

If I were one to believe in conspiracies, I might jump to the conclusion that since I wrote you opposing any government run, government sponsored or government mandated health care bill, that I was Unavailable for that reason.

If I were one to believe in conspiracies, I might jump to the conclusion that someone in your office or on your staff checked into the voter registration records of your constituents and determined that I was a registered Republican, and therefore I was Unavailable to participate.

However, I am trying to keep an open mind on this issue, an issue that is important to me, and an issue that I purposely and deliberately set time aside for so that I could devote my undivided attention.

With that said, I would respectfully request an answer to my question: IF I answered the telephone when it rang at the designated time, how was I unavailable to participate?

I look forward to your prompt written reply.

Respectfully,

Keith J. Ressler

A Registered and Active voter, and one for whom you work.

Comments

  1. Keith,
    I am now a believer in conspiracy, observing the "Change" that was so evident and promised during the election. The "Change" is as we suspected it would be; Bigger Government; "State Run" Corporations; Trillions of Dollars in Debt in just the first six months of the "New" administration, and, I see that the good Senator has taken a page from his hero. One can influence a larger group if like-minded people flood a conference or town meeting, and questions presented are approved prior to the meeting. Another page taken is to allow the media to edit "tough" questions (if somehow one sneaks through)and shallow, if not deceitful answers from the politician. I do detect the odor of a conspiracy in this case, and it has the same aroma spread around by the good Senator's "anointed one" and their ilk. Senator Spector and several others have learned that we do not like this Bill, and Osama Bin Obama is not getting his way and he doesn't like it. Those people in the town meetings that dissented against probably better watch their "six." The new "top guy" doesn't like to lose or look badly. Some of the media and those who supported this guy are beginning to realize how stupid they were. Conspiracy.......Yes, Absolutely! I can't wait to read the answer to your letter, if you receive one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IF I receive a written answer from Senator Casey, I will post it in it's entirety.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What He Said

Chrysler - Mama Mia, Ats Italian